Location: Greenville, SC
This position is responsible for the implementation and management of projects and programs as defined by, and on behalf of the Director of Product Marketing responsible for developing and implementing a product marketing business plan that will generate a profitable product line. You will also work to implement projects and programs by working with and through the responsible plant departments, including, but not restricted to Engineering, Production Control, Manufacturing, R&D and Quality.
Director, North America Marketing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the continuity and timely completion of projects and programs by monitoring the efforts of all departments mentioned and assisting in their coordination when required.
- Monitor plant performance and recommend changes required in plant operation for the product to achieve the required capacity, on time delivery, quality, and manufacturing costs.
- Liaison between Marketing and Plant Sales, Sales Service, authorized representatives, AVX Direct Sales Personnel, and Customers.
- Keeps all involved departments apprised of progress by oral and written reporting and is required to give presentations to sundry groups, both in and outside of AVX.
- Develops marketing plans and programs to achieve the desired sales goals on a profitable basis.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system for the collection and dissemination to and from the sales force of information concerning product performance and applications.
- Determines the present and future market potential of all products assigned.
- Analyze direct and indirect completion, prices, policies and promotions.
- Develop and implement appropriate means of combating competitive situations and specific action required to the Group Marketing Manager.
- Recommend deletion of non-profitable products, also new products or potential expansion projects.
- Assist in a resolution of customer complaints through prompt investigation.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably, in a technical discipline.
- 7+ years of experience in a product manager / sales administration experience, preferably in Electronic Components.
- Attention to details, ability to follow through with multiple assignments and ability to receive, assimilate and relay technical information accurately.
- Significant travel is a requirement of this position.
- Experience managing P&L responsibilities.