Thin Film Senior Engineer
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Job Description: This position is responsible for all engineering facets of the Thin Film (TF) manufacturing process in Myrtle Beach (MB), which include: LASER Machining, Sputtering, Photolithography, Plating, Etching, LASER Trim, Dicing, Assembly and Visual Inspection. Primary responsibilities will be focused on continuous improvement efforts geared toward increasing safety, quality, yields, throughput and cost saving programs.
Thin Film Operations Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a reliable and safe manufacturing processes, while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, and driving cost reductions.
- Improve process capability and production volume as well as maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Generate reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing findings.
- Participate in design reviews, order acknowledgements, technical reviews and assist with bill of material / product structure planning.
- Function as the “Key Accounts Technical Resource” for TF, focused on building customer relationships with our top accounts.
- Drive process improvements by utilizing six sigma techniques such as: SPC (statistical process control), DOE (design of experiments) and FMEA (failure modes and effects analysis).
- Champion equipment / process qualification activities, including the creation and revision of procedures and policies.
- Represent engineering in departmental meetings and serve as the technical lead during MRB (material review board).
- Participate in audits (internal/external) and take part in customer visits as required.
- Identify and select materials needed for production, including creation and revision of procurement specifications.
- Work as part of a cross functional team that develops new products.
- Support other functional areas in TF as well as other groups within AVX.
- Complies with all government and regulatory requirements.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair activities.
- Champion RC/CA (root cause and corrective action) activities on failed production runs and RMA's (return material authorization).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 5 – 10 years of related experience or a Master’s Degree in Engineering with 3 – 5 years of related experience. Chemical Engineering or Materials Engineering is preferred.
- Experienced working in a high mix / low volume / quick turn manufacturing facility utilizing both automated and manual processes.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in at least one of the following: laser machining (CO2), vacuum deposition, photolithography, electro-plating, wet etching, laser trimming (YAG), dicing, assembly and visual inspection.
- Experience in Hybrid Circuit Design is preferred.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 CFR 120.15 is required.
- Ability to work under "yellow" light conditions.
- Ability to detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
- Ability to work in a clean room and follow clean room protocol.