Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
The Production Control Manager / Master Production Scheduler is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity to ensure there is known/defined capacity as well as managing inventory requirements/goals are clear (aging/value/turns). This position is responsible for several product lines.
Operations Manager, Ceramics
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity.
- Analyze AIMS (WIP/inventory control system) forecast data and sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements for ATC/AVX.
- Create and analyze monthly sales history relative to forecast to identify trends and potential impact on production and customer needs.
- Build, correct and update BOM’s in AIMS system via BMID, WCY systems as required.
- Act on “DDA” (Due Date Alignment) via AIMS forecast, order releases and exception messages from COSE (ATC/AVX Specific).
- Manage inventory levels, schedule and identify availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules. This includes ensuring raw material inventory (such as substrates) are available for product builds.
- Responsible for the inventory levels of finished goods and Semi-Finished stock to meet service requirements.
- Prepare, enter and follow up on Purchase Orders for required materials, expedite with production, purchasing or vendors as needed.
- Communicate as necessary with Sales, Distribution, Warehouse and Production departments to smoothly coordinate scheduling changes.
- Supervise planning/scheduling personnel in responsible product lines.
- Create, maintain and update various spreadsheets and system information as needed.
- Work with Central Planning Manager and Production to create and maintain a database to track actual sales versus predicted sales on new items.
- Work with Quality department to quarantine suspect material for potential scrap/rework.
- Perform other duties within the scope of the position which may include quoting lead times for specialty items, generating shop orders, document control, creating procedures or other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Planning/Production Control, preferably with a high technology electronic components manufacturing company.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of planning and control processes and systems. Have the presence to deal with various levels of management (technical and business personnel) and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Prior experience with MRP systems; Oracle Plus.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to react to customer demand such as Line Downs timely which may include working outside of regular business days or business hours.
- Ability to compile, present and explain data to management.