Location: Greenville, SC, US
Reports through the EHS group to the Facility Manager. Operates the waste water treatment unit, collects, stores and performs RCRA required site management of hazardous waste, collects and sorts scrap materials and finished parts for reprocessing or disposal. Uses knowledge of established work procedures to ensure completion and accuracy of work being performed. Provides support to the plant's manufacturing effort by coordinating the collection and removal of hazardous waste streams, reclaim materials and waste water treatment. Work is performed within established guidelines and may be accomplished independently or under the general supervision of the Facility Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate and maintain the waste water treatment unit within established permit limits.
- Transports hazardous waste streams to storage area. Ensures all facets of the hazardous waste program meet or exceed RCRA requirements.
- Maintain records and other information for preparation of required reports to regulatory agencies. In addition, maintain supplies and track use of same for water treatment such as chemicals, spare parts and testing equipment. Maintains same for hazardous waste such as packaging, labels, and drums.
- Collect and sort materials reclamation. Ensure accuracy and security of inventories.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and operation manuals and understand shop mathematics and electrical principles with knowledge normally acquired in one year of technical training, apprenticeship, or experience beyond high school. Oral and written expression skills sufficient to receive and respond to verbal or written instructions and complete required paperwork/reports as needed.
- South Carolina waste water physical/chemical operator’s “B” license or ability to obtain same within state training guidelines.
- Operational level of knowledge using standard Microsoft desktop applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook).
- Understand symbol and color coding for piping diagrams.