Sr. Manufacturing Machine Software Engineer
Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: The overall responsibility of this position is to write machine operating code and edit existing machine operating code. This role also entails working on and troubleshooting PLC’s and a strong knowledge of data exchange / interfaces. Current machine code is tied into an access database and we need to separate machine code from the database and maintain both separately.
Sr. Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands how components exchange or store information. Understands operation, interaction and communication of plant machine equipment operating systems and sub-systems.
- Ability to write machine code and edit / re-write existing machine code. Primary job function to separate machine code from database code on legacy system and maintain/improve existing machine code.
- Ability to read and interpret software programs, user manuals, and related documentation to recommend equipment component specification and configuration and user interface.
- Knowledge of standard practice to specify, design, fabricate, or modify control systems, PLC’s, equipment interfaces, data capture, etc… includes startup and debugging
- Utilizes tools, test equipment, or PC to collect and evaluate information and data in the course of preparing recommendations for change and improvement.
- Works with other software engineers to integrate machine code with our existing database and to easily query information for process engineers. Preferably has experience working with Access databases and will have ability to write new code / modify our existing engineering database programs.
- 5+ Years in a similar position maintaining machine code / database or implementing new machine code.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop requirements by interviewing internal customers.
- Ability to learn and support existing homemade software systems
- Intermediate level of knowledge using standard Microsoft desktop applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, & Outlook)
- Experience developing / writing in different code languages (Preferably Visual Basic, C# or Java, and PLC)
- Knowledge of computer hardware, basic electrical circuits
- Experience interfacing machine code with databases preferred
- Prior experience with SAP programming preferred.
- Experience on AutoCAD or Solidworks a plus
- Ability to organize and present information from various levels within the organization