Location: Greenville, SC
Primary function is to work with a cross-department team in leading projects related to review and revision of Bill of Materials, Specs, Routings, and Cost Standards to accurate levels for all product lines and part numbers manufactured in the Fountain Inn, S.C. facility. This position will also be responsible for leading and implementing lean / six-sigma projects throughout the facility. Lastly, this position will be responsible for management of capital expenditure / construction projects up to $5M.
Sr. Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist finance in analyzing changes in product design, BoM, manufacturing methods, routings, to determine effects on cost.
- Assist finance in maintaining the Cost Accounting System
- Ability to perform or lead time studies and other methods to obtain accurate information from the operation to use in setting or revising standards.
- Attend project meetings to provide management with current financial information and trends as well as propose standards corrections/adjustments and analysis of potential impacts to department / plant budgets if proposals are implemented.
- Ability to quickly learn and query/search for information in home-made cost/mainframe system to access costs, part numbers, specs, routings, etc.
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor to work with purchasing / finance to set correct levels.
- Ability to analyze floor operations and make suggested improvements to reduce wastes and inefficiencies in production processes.
- Ability to identify manufacturing cost reductions and provide ROI for changes, then implement / track suggested projects.
- Lead value stream mapping and Kaizen Events to determine and record business improvement areas.
- Communicate Company Lean/Six Sigma principles philosophy, vision, and expectations to operators/technicians at the floor level and ability to sustain training & development to fully implement principles on the floor.
- Monitor project budgets on capital expenditure projects including reviewing accuracy of contractor / sub-contractor invoices for approval, validating change requests.
- Provide estimates for internal renovation and equipment installation projects throughout the facility.
- Revise plant layouts to optimize efficiency of workflow through individual work centers and the plant as a whole.
- Implement Infinity SPC software throughout various work centers in the facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Industrial Engineering Preferred)
- 3-5+ Years in a similar position with emphasis on working with standards and costing
- Experience in Capital Expenditure project management and lean six-sigma implementation preferred
- Ability to organize and clearly present information to various levels within the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate level of knowledge using standard Microsoft desktop applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, & Outlook)
- Ability to work with many other departments and shift between varying projects / priorities with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to occasionally work into off shifts to obtain data from off-shift operations
- Prior experience with infinity SPC software strongly preferred
- Prior experience with SAP systems preferred
- Experience estimating and managing active construction projects or other large capital expenditures preferred
- Experience on AutoCAD or similar 2D design software preferred