Location: Detroit, MI
The Interconnect Sales Engineer is responsible for partnering with our distribution channels to develop new opportunities for AVX Interconnect products within existing and new customers. This role will have access to not only the AVX field sales organization, but will have the ability and expectation to utilize the Interconnect Business Development Managers (IBDM) to develop the opportunity funnel.
Sales Manager, Distribution
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with sales and customers to develop customer specific interconnect solutions resulting in the design-in of AVX products.
- Analyzing customer specific application requirements and working with Development Engineering to determine project feasibility along with AVX and/ or IBDM.
- Tracking, monitoring, and communicating the status of projects and design activities via the required manufacturer and distributor tools. Load all opportunities in SugarCRM and maintain during the lifecycle of the project.
- Must take proactive efforts to understand the latest products, boards & tools available in the market.
- Ability to understand the nuances that drive the sales and procurement decisions. Need to understand the technical needs of the customer and suggest a solution accordingly in the pre-sales period along with working with supplier marketing for pricing and planning of design-in and production process.
- Provide or coordinate customer with necessary training on the products and technical support, i.e., demonstrate product capabilities and help resolve design issues pre and post sales.
- Provide technical presentations at trade shows and conferences; and ensuring proactive communications with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain an in-depth level of technical and industry knowledge through ongoing training, seminars and conferences.
- Participate in all scheduled sales team meetings / conference calls and sales training
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred or business degree with interconnect experience.
- 2+ years of experience in engineering, technical sales, product management or related experience.
- Interconnect product marketing and / or application engineer a plus.
- Customer service and / or sales experience preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel 50%+ to customer sites in the US.