Location: Detroit, MI
This qualified individual will have the responsibility to oversee all AVX business within the Detroit metro area. They will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a manufacturer’s representative team, relationship management with all key customers and the development of new business/current business by promoting all of the AVX product lines. Additionally, they will report to and assist the VP of Sales to coordinate and support operational functions and activities as needed, including but not limited to booking reports for OEM & POS, bid and RFQ management reports, as well as cost management and forecasting. Facilitating visits by product marketing, FAE’s and management to key customer decision makers is also a key responsibility.
VP, North American Sales
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors sales booking performance against master plan and forecast on a month-to-month basis for both direct and POS sales.
- Act as liaison between marketing and sales, manufacturing, authorized reps, distributors and customers.
- Set goals and establish measures to improve on time delivery performance.
- Maximize AVX position as leader in customer service to increase sales and profitability.
- Resolve customer service issues, elevate within marketing and operations as needed.
- Improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Maximize new design wins on leading edge products.
- Have consistent interface with global colleagues for establishing global strategies.
- Oversee daily management of supply chain programs such as consignment and SMI.
- Track all contract awards based on award quantities compared to actual orders.
- Construct and execute an ongoing plan of action to carry out AVX’s marketing strategy and broad sales plans.
- Be an active participant in customer negotiations.
- Support sales efforts of key distributor partners within the territory of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years demonstrated experience related to Sales, Product Management and Customer Negotiations.
- Management of a sales team is a plus.
- Strong background in interpersonal and communication skills; global account management; sales systems; data acquisition and analysis; and Microsoft Office, especially Excel.