Location: Greenville, SC
Serve as key focal point within the Human Resources department for all staffing-related issues. Collaborate with HR/Hiring Managers to determine the staffing needs of the manufacturing facility and corporate office, and meet or exceed all assigned goals. Act as main point of contact for all candidates throughout the hiring process. This position must possess a good knowledge of all job functions within the company, a basic understanding of the company’s organizational structure, and extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Human Resources Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen resumes, interview candidates (by phone or in person), administer appropriate assessments and reference/background checks, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire), and delivers offers of employment to Exempt, Nonexempt, and hourly position openings.
- Use traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, networking events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Manage internal transfer and promotion process, including coordination of interviews, offer letters, etc.
- Follow up with hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding candidate interviews. Provide updates to candidates accordingly.
- Communicate important employment information to candidates throughout the hiring process (e.g., benefits, compensation, relocation, etc.)
- Work with HR/Hiring Managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations.
- Provide weekly report on recruiting/employment activities
- Maintains applicant and new hire information on AAP.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a corporate recruiting or staffing agency environment. Experience recruiting highly technical positions in IT and Engineering is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with people at all levels of AVX. Excellent telephone communication skills required.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including the ability to problem solve and think creatively to solve complex staffing issues.