Location: Greenville, SC
The Quality Assurance Supervisor will be responsible for test and inspection activities in the quality inspection stations and in the QA Lab including visual inspection, solderability test, measuring product dimensions and electrical characteristics, and performing various endurance tests.
Division Quality Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the essential physical and electrical characteristics for our products (ceramic capacitors)
- Understand applicable MIL and customer requirements for our products
- Manage and supervise test and inspection operators and technicians to =achieve group objectives, including ADP functions for time and attendance, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Provide regular updates and reports on activities and results
- Work with Manufacturing and Engineering teams to help achieve group objectives
- Participate in problem solving activities to identify root causes and implement effective corrective actions
- Support the plant Quality Management System and compliance to ISO 9001, IATF 16949, MIL-STD- 790, etc.
- Travel to other AVX locations as needed for training
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Familiarity with quality tools such as SPC, MSA (Gage R&R), and corrective action reports is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with ISO 9001, IATF 16949, and MIL-STD-790 is preferred but not required