Location: Greenville, SC
The Program Manager is responsible and accountable for the planning, coordination, and execution of AVX InterConnect and customers’ engineering projects, from concept to manufacturing launch; ensuring successful project management practices are utilized. The Program Manager must apply creative and strategic thinking, technical, and program management skills, ensuring on-time completion, with the highest level of quality and within budget.
Program Manager, NA & Asia
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and execute AVX InterConnect and customers’ engineering projects.
- Create and maintain project GANTT charts / timelines, following AVX’s project scheduling guidelines.
- Ensure resources requirements are identified and fulfilled for projects, according to established timelines and budgets.
- Monitor progress of all project activities and tasks, to ensure timeline milestones are met.
- Schedule and lead kick-off and status project meetings regularly with customers and the core team, to address any open issues, and upcoming tasks.
- Publish and present status of all projects to key stakeholders, internal and external.
- Establish a working relationship, and proactively communicate with core team members.
- Identify, evaluate and effectively resolve project conflicts and roadblocks, working on solutions with suppliers and core team players.
- Prepare project presentations, and write engineering reports and correspondence, to be distributed to senior management and external customers.
- Liaison with customers and suppliers as primary point of contact between cross-functional departments.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Lead and support continuous improvement efforts on existing projects, related to cost reduction, quality improvement and/or business growth.
- Track and sign off on all project expenditures, to keep financial budget on target.
- Support program try-out and launch activities at AVX Manufacturing Plants, or other designated locations as required.
- Bachelor's Degree is required, B.S. in an Engineering discipline preferred. PMP Certification is a strong plus
- 5 to 7 Years of project / program management experience in automotive / industrial products
- Preferable experience in molding and assembly manufacturing of plastic connectors
- Proven history of success in managing projects
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills, along with great presentation skills
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting; project management and organizational skills, with a high attention to detail
- Strong mathematical, analytical and computer skills
- Proficiency with project management, spreadsheet, and word processing software / applications
- Knowledge of AIAG Core Tools (APQP, FMEA, CP, SPC, MSA, PPAP) is a strong plus
- Knowledge of TS-16949 requirements is a plus
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Willingness to travel, including international, up to 50% of the time