Location: Greenville, SC
Create new products and/or material sets that advances the offering of the company. Work as an
individual in a cross-functional team environment to take ideas from concept, to manufacturing.
Creativity, cross-functional knowledge base, and a high degree of analytic ability are required.
Director, Product Development
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, plan and correlate all aspects of a product or specialized activity that will lead to the
development of new devices. Understand fundamental economics involved to evaluate costing
- Exercise technical or administrative supervision of a group of engineers and technicians.
Understand the critical aspects of a program, and drive the development emphasis to make it
- Integrate ideas and principles from other fields of engineering or science that relate to all
- Fundamental understanding of the state of the art for current applications of programs. The
ability to communicate these aspects to technical management, as well as the field.
Collaborate with manager and peers to create challenging goals. Contribute to their
- MS or PhD in an Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical or Electrical
- 5-10 years' experience in Engineering roles focusing on new product development or R&D, preferably within the electronics industry
- Broad understanding of all engineering disciplines
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization, including customers
- Ability to work independently, with little to no supervision