Location: Greenville, SC
Create new products and/or material sets that advance the offering of the company. Work as an individual contributor in a cross-functional team environment to take ideas from concept to manufacturing. Creativity, cross-functional knowledge base, and a high degree of analytical ability are required. This position has a significant degree of freedom to innovate within the aspects of AVX’s business and dramatically improve the technological and financial success of the company.
Director, New Product Development
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, plan, and correlate all aspects of a product or specialized activity that will lead to the development of new devices. Understand fundamental economics involved to evaluate costing structures.
- Exercise technical and/or administrative supervision over a group of engineers and technicians with assignment discretion.
- Understand the critical aspects of a program and drive the development emphasis to make it successful.
- Integrate ideas and principles from other fields of engineering or science that relate to all programs. Must have considerable knowledge of other types of engineering research, development, and scientific problems as they relate to their field.
- Fundamental understanding of the state of the art for current applications of programs. Communicate these aspects to technical management, engineering, sales, and marketing.
- Collaborate with management and peers to create challenging goals. Contribute to their accomplishments.
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM-related major. PhD preferred.
- 10-20 years’ experience in positions of increasing scope and responsibility, preferably within a manufacturing or research & development environment.
- Broad understanding of all engineering disciplines, including but not limited to, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Materials, etc.
- Must have a strong analytical ability in order to solve daily complex problems, including advanced theoretical work.
- Must have a record of substantial achievements, including process improvements, new product development, or demonstrable increase in profit or efficiency to product lines.