Location: Greenville, SC
Able to analyze business needs and recommend automated systems or business procedures. Will be used as a consultant to AVX on business issues. Must be able to design, install, and train AVX personnel in using state of the art business techniques and computer system solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets with various levels of management to analyze and define unstructured business needs. Defines scope and designs logical, practical solutions, recommending appropriate course of action to management.
- Consults with divisional management on business needs and across divisional lines. Coordinates divisional projects.
- Study and recommend vendor software application packages to satisfy business requirements. Design modifications to such packages as required.
- In conjunction with users, prepare feasibility and conceptual design documents, and define objectives to be met and scope of work.
- Responsible for coordinating the efforts required to prepare the system proposal including description of system proposed, project timetable with milestones, and detailed cost estimate.
- Present and explain systems proposals to management to gain approval and direction.
- Coordinate with assigned project staff, the preparation of individual work plan, time estimates, resource requirements, and individual schedules.
- Maintain professional competence in systems, design methodologies, and business techniques through readings, attendance at seminars, and professional organization meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related degree is required.
- 5-10 years’ experience in using design techniques and methodologies in the system development life cycle. Highly knowledgeable in all business functions (Manufacturing, Accounting/Finance, Human Resources, ERP systems).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels within AVX, including senior management/executives.