Location: Greenville, SC
Perform SOX and operational audits independently in our U.S., Mexico, and El Salvador operations.
Director of Internal Audit
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and performing unsupervised audits at AVX U.S. and Latin American facilities.
- Develop and perform audits based on compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, compliance with AVX internal policies, and overall financial and operational risks and concerns.
- Prepare internal reports to be distributed to executive management and the audit committee.
- Provide recommendations for improved controls and enhanced business efficiency.
- Coordinate with the external auditors of the financial statements in order to minimize external audit fees.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting required. Masters in Accounting or CPA preferred.
- 3+ years of internal audit or overall accounting experience, preferably with a CPA firm or internal audit department in a manufacturing environment.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage several tasks at a time.
- Ability to travel up to 50-60%.