Location: Greenville, SC
Provides assistance to engineering in resolving process and/or equipment problems. Works with production to resolve manufacturing problems to ensure that process specifications are followed. Run engineering tests and experiments; collects data; reports results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, run and test experiments as requested by supervisor.
- Run equipment as necessary on the production floor to support development operations
- Hand and eye coordination for inspection under magnification, microscope or magnifier
- Collect and summarize data for supervisor.
- Identify and solve manufacturing problems with limited supervisor assistance.
- Write memos, technical reports and process specification revisions.
- Monitor process for compliance with process specs and report discrepancies.
- May handle hazardous waste.
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology or other related technological field of study plus a minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment, or High School Diploma with 5+ years’ experience in a related field.
- Computer skills: Able to perform simple data entry and use word processor software.
- Math skills: working knowledge of basic arithmetic, negative numbers, power & roots, decimals and fractions, algebra and basic statistics.
- Verbal/communication: able to read and understand technical reports, process specifications, and office correspondence. Able to write clear and understandable memos and procedures.
- Technical skills:
- Able to use or learn the use of basic laboratory test equipment and to train others to its use.
- Working knowledge of basic electricity, electronics and circuits.
- Mechanical aptitude sufficient to understand the detailed operation of production machines.
- Aptitude for troubleshooting and ability to obtain expertise in the production of electronic components.