Location: Greenville, SC
Performs primary engineering and/or design work on minor equipment, major components or phases of a major product in a specialized field of endeavor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan details of assigned project, including methods and scope of work under the functional guidance of senior personnel where some detailed outline of procedures and desired results are given.
- Coordinates design and development of projects with related activities to ensure compatibility of design and adherence to specifications.
- Prepares materials for effective, efficient training of machine operators.
- Serves as liaison with equipment manufacturers for process and machinery improvements.
- Establishes and conducts test, analyzes and interprets test results and prepares reports summarizing methods employed and results obtained in the solution of the assigned project.
- Requires the limited use and/or application of basic engineering or scientific principles, theories and concepts to develop solutions to problems of limited scope.
- Prepares training manuals, operating procedures and instructions for manufacturing processes.
- Ensures proper manufacturing procedures are followed, adhering to all safety policies and procedures and quality regulations and standards, and achieving optimal operational costs.
- Identifies production process problems, conducts tests and experiments to analyze problems; solves problems in conjunction with other departments.
- Provides technical support to technicians and production personnel in response to production issues or during preventative maintenance utilizing excellent interpersonal skills.
- Troubleshoots machinery as required with the support of a qualified technician.
- Creates and manages project plans for continuous improvement initiatives, delivering on results as committed.
- Analyzes manufacturing process capabilities of new products to identify potential production processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Ceramics, Electrical, Chemical or similar)
- Application of standards.
- Continuous improvement / problem solving.
- Deployment and monitoring of key indicators.
- Formalization and transmission of knowledge and skills.
- Project management and innovation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid working knowledge of computer programs.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 CFR 120.15 is required.