Location: Greenville, SC
The Director of Global Purchasing will be responsible for providing strategic and tactical leadership over all procurement policies, strategies, and systems in order to meet the long-term business goals of the organization. This person will oversee all activities related to procurement, sourcing, compliance, and quality control, while also setting global KPIs for the business unit. Responsible for setting and meeting corporate cost goals and control of precious metal commitments.
Corporate Senior Vice President
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct all AVX global purchasing activities.
- Develop procurement strategies to significantly improve global product delivery and quality while reducing supply risk.
- Manage all aspects of the supply chain, including supplier performance and on-boarding, accountability, quality and delivery of raw materials and finished goods, cost reductions, and inventory management.
- Communicate and manage corporate strategies worldwide for materials and equipment.
- Manage the establishment of new and alternative corporate contracts for worldwide release.
- Determine the methodology to maximize the efficiency and cost of procurement for materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Drives cost reduction and PPV projects, meets or exceeds set target goals.
- Coordinate the use of quality programs, assuring a vendor base of quality goods and services at the most effective cost.
- Interface with global AVX facilities to coordinate material and tooling requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related discipline is required.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in corporate purchasing/procurement, preferably within a global organization. At least 5 years’ leadership experience within a global purchasing team. Experience within the electronic components or automotive industries preferred.
- Expert knowledge in procurement systems, procedures, and techniques in building a robust and advantageous vendor base in regards to cost, quality, and service.
- Demonstrated success in leading a global business unit, exceeding budget expectations, driving process improvements, and leading supplier quality initiatives.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage a global-based purchasing team of 100+ employees.