Location: Greenville, SC
The successful candidate will perform electrical characterization and physical analysis of ceramic capacitors and other electronic components, report the results, and will participate in a variety of activities that can include direct interaction with manufacturing, customers, and other AVX factories.
Division Quality Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand how the manufacturing processes for ceramic capacitors affect the essential physical and electrical characteristics and apply that knowledge effectively.
- Measure the electrical characteristics of capacitors and other components
- Perform physical analysis of failed components to determine the cause of failure
- Prepare professional analysis reports for internal and external customers
- Develop and improve analysis methods and equipment
- Participate in problem solving activities to identify root causes and implement effective corrective actions
- Support the plant Quality Management System and compliance to ISO 9001, IATF 16949, MIL-STD- 790, etc.
- Travel to other AVX locations, suppliers, and customers as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Ceramics, or Materials Engineering preferred)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Manufacturing experience or Co-op / Internship in a manufacturing environment is preferred Familiarity with quality tools such as SPC, MSA (Gage R&R), root cause analysis (Fishbone, 5 Why, Fault Tree), 8D reports, and reliability estimates is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with ISO-9001, ISO/TS-16949, MIL-STD-790, etc. is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with LabVIEW, Visual Studio, Oracle SQL is preferred but not required