Location: Detroit, MI
AVX Corporation, an established, global organization, has an excellent opportunity for a Field Applications Engineer. This position is responsible for developing new customers and products within our Interconnect Division. You will work closely with field sales, development engineering and customers to identify connector application requirements leading to customer design approvals and new business for AVX. Additionally you will provide technical capability presentations to OEM customers to promote new technology and AVX interconnect products.
Regional Sales Manager - Automotive
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with customers on their interconnect needs resulting in the design-in of AVX products.
- Analyzing customer application requirements and working with Development Engineering to determine project feasibility and develop a product implementation plan.
- Keeping informed of the latest connector technology.
- Tracking, monitoring and communicating the status of project and design activities.
- 4 Year Engineering Degree required, preferably in mechanical engineering.
- Mechanical experience/aptitude required.
- 2 years of experience in technical marketing/sales, preferably related to electro-mechanical component manufacture preferred. Automotive Connector experience a strong plus!
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills at the sales and customer level.
- Ability to travel 50% to 75% of the time within the US. Occasional travel to Europe may be required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.