Location: Greenville, SC
Ceramic Process Engineering and design work on formulations of passive components such as thermistors, capacitors, and resistors.
Materials Operations Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate new materials and new process parameters for the development of passive components.
- Develop a range of materials and processing techniques for these products.
- Establish and conduct tests, analysis, and interpretation of test results and prepare report summarizing methods employed and results obtained in the solution of the assigned project.
- Use and application of basic engineering or scientific principles, theories, and concepts to develop solutions to problems of limited scope.
- Coordinate design and development of projects with related activities to ensure compatibility of design and adherence to specifications.
- Prepare operating procedures and instructions for manufacturing processes.
- Ensure proper manufacturing procedures are followed, adhering to all safety policies and procedures and quality regulations and standards.
- Analyze manufacturing process capabilities of new products to identify potential production processing.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Ceramics, Material, Chemical, or similar discipline)
- Knowledge in electro-ceramics and processing.
- Continuous improvement and creative problem solving.
- Project management, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Skills in characterization using analytical instruments (XRD, SEM, ICP, Particle size analysis, Optical microcopy) and working knowledge of computer programs.